Silver Plated Thranduil Sword 3D Print Upgrade & Assembly | LOTR THE HOBBIT THRANDUIL SWORD


Hello Everyone! This sword is one of my favorites from the Middle-Earth universe, and one I have been wanting to add to my collection for a long time now. It's first appearance in the Hobbit film series was in "The Desolation of Smaug" when Thranduil frees the Warg Rider's head from his miserable shoulders, but we really get to see it in action during the "Battle of the Five Armies" alongside it's twin.



The stl files were slightly smaller than what I was looking for. The original pieces add up to ∼39.5in (1003.3mm), but I wanted the size to be more accurate to the United Cutlery replica which measured ∼41.875in (1063.6mm). This means each piece needed to be scaled up by 6.4%. I have provided these measurements below along with the print settings if you wish to print at my larger scale. 

These are the scaled up height measurements for each of the part pieces: 
Part 1 - 165.371mm 
Part 2 - 133.615mm 
Part 3 - 158.534mm 
Part 4 - 124.935mm 
Part 5 - 120.231mm 
Part 6 - 97.441mm 
Part 7 - 96.823mm 
Part 8 - 167.046mm

Once the pieces were printed, sanded, attached and primed, I applied silver lead to the entire sword in order to achieve an the authentic movie finish. 

The link to the free 3D files & print settings can be found in the video's YouTube description!

Don't forget to like, comment & subscribe! 
You can also find me on Instagram & Twitter - @haas_of_props 

Enjoy & Thank You for watching!



Comments